Volleyball is all about speed, technique, and agility. So the gear you are choosing plays a very significant role in your performance. There are a host of volleyball shoes available for men from various brands to choose from. However, few factors should be kept under consideration when selecting sport shoes for volleyball.
A common question among the players who are just starting with this fantastic game is if volleyball shoes are worth it. The short answer to this is: Yes, they do matter when looking for the best performance.
However, the shoes don’t need to burn a hole in your pocket. Shoes that get the necessary factors right are good enough for buying. We have brought you well-researched recommendations for finding the right volleyball shoes to ace your game.
The Best Volley Ball Shoes For Men in 2023
Since we know the factors to be considered, let’s have a detailed look at the shoes that qualify our criteria. Here are our top 10 picks:
Last update on 2023-03-21 / Affiliate links / Prices / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
10. Mizuno Men’s Wave Momentum Indoor Court Shoe
- Mizuno Wave Technology
- 3-Layer no-sew upper
- Better cushioning
- Extra Grade rubber
- Dura-Shield tech for avoiding toe injuries
The volleyball shoes for men from Mizuno looks every bit beautiful and is high on performance with its light-weight and excellent grip. Wave momentum can be a good purchase for those looking to play volleyball games at the club level, high school, and college level.
Available in various shades, the shoes have a rubber sole and shaft measures approximately low-top from arch.
The usage of XG Rubber, i.e., an extra grade rubber, enables a better grip on the slippery volleyball court. To ensure a perfect grip and fit, the shoes have a 3-layer no-sew upper along with the booty construction.
Mizuno Wave technology guarantees that quick stance changes and surface landing do not result in feet or toe injury.
- Excellent Grip and cushioning to prevent injuries
- Mizuno wave technology for better performance
- Supports quick stance change on the court
- Perfect fit and comfort
- Size issues for few customers
9. Under Armour Men’s Cross Trainer Shoes
- Abrasion-resistant material
- Breathable mesh tongue
- The synthetic sole and midfoot panels
- Webbed, the lockdown lacing system
- Full rubber herringbone traction pattern
The product from Under Armour is a lightweight and agility enhancer shoe for volleyball players. The shoes are available in various colors such as White, Black, Mod Gray, Red, white, etc. Under Armour Men’s UA Block city has a synthetic sole and is abrasion-resistant. Further, its full-length charged cushioning midsole is ideal for absorbing the shocks.
Not just the comfort level, but the shoes’ styling is also top-notch and worth every penny. However, you might want to consider the styling of the shoes while ordering the size. Shoe size that fits you might vary at times, depending on brands and also the styling.
First of all, the synthetic midfoot panel of the shoes enhances the product’s stability and durability. Further, the shoes come with the external TPU heel counter, which provides additional support and structure. Moreover, the molded sock liner takes the shape of the customer’s foot, therefore, eliminating the risk of slippage on the volleyball court.
- Excellent floor grip and control
- An additional set of laces
- Shock resistance material and cushioning
- Lightweight for enhanced performance
- Available in a range of colors
- Not durable enough as per few reviews
- Size issues
8. Mizuno Men’s Wave Lightning Z5 Indoor Court Shoe
- Rubber Sole
- Lightweight EVA midsole
- PoWnCe cushioning performance
- 360°, Breathable, mesh upper
Mizuno embedded its efficient Wave lightning technology in these shoes, making them a perfect fit for the indoor courts. This shoe is lightweight, and its built enables the player to change the stance quickly without any risk of injuries.
Rubber sole and lightweight EVA midsole give the right grip and enhance the performance on the court.
Z5 Indoor Court Shoe is a perfect blend of style, agility, engineering, and comfort with precisely engineered 360°DynamotionFit upper with Engineered Mesh. Further, the flexible diagonal groove in the shoes helps the player change the stance and turn at maximum speed. Mizuno takes a step ahead in designing the anatomical cup in-sole, which fits the bottom of the foot perfectly.
- Wave technology for controlled cushioning
- Anatomical cup-In sole for a better fit
- 360° DynaMotionFit
- Made specifically for volleyball courts
- The insole of the shoes not durable
- Not a proper fit for other indoor sports such as badminton
7. Under Armour Ace 2.0 Highlight Shoe For Men
- Rubber Sole
- Made of entirely knit fabric
- Lightweight and Breathable
- Extended ankle collar for better grip
- Webbed, lockdown lacing system
This one is lightweight and flexible shoes from Under Armour, guaranteeing the utmost comfort and perfect fit. The company has made some noticeable changes in the shoes to give a player a more or less sock-like fit. Traction, along with quick movement, has been taken care of with the non-marking rubber sole.
Players have been picking up on these shoes for their excellent ankle support because of the high top. However, the support does not come at the cost of slowing down the player and keeps him as agile as ever. Moreover, the herringbone tread pattern gives the player more traction and grip on the court.
The midsole of the shoes is designed in such a way that it provides complete safety from sudden shocks and jerks. Knee and other leg muscles remain safe due to the bouncy midsole, which absorbs the shock and eliminates injury chances.
To ensure proper air and blood circulation, the fabric used is fully-knitted and is breathable. Further, Thermoplastic polyurethane makes the shoe material abrasion-free and also provides extra safety near the toe and ankle area.
- Perfect ankle grip and fit
- The lightweight enabling better and quick movement
- Lateral stability due to perfect sole craft
- Attractive design and colors
- It might not be very smooth to put on.
- Few customer feedbacks read ankle support not up to the expectation
6. Mishansha Men’s Athletic Court Shoes
- Blend of synthetic leather and Mesh
- Rubber outsole
- Breathable upper
- Perfect for Indoor court
The shoes from Mishansha is a unique combination of comfort and styling and can be put on for other indoor sports as well. Made of synthetic leather & Mesh, the shoes come with unique design patterns and colors.
The shoes’ mesh material is perfect for the proper flow of air, leaving your feet dry and non-slippery. The outsole material is made of unique patterned rubber, which offers excellent traction and gives durability to the shoes.
These shoes from Mishansha come with mesh lining that is gentle on the skin. Further, the insole made of foam gives the perfect resistance against the shock and eliminates the risk of injuries during the game.
The midsole and outsole of the shoes are made of flexible materials, therefore, enabling a better and quick stance. For guaranteed durability, the midsole and outsole are combinations of synthetic mesh and leather.
- Good grip
- Breathable technology
- Comfortable fit
- Good grip on the court
- Ample cushioning to guarantee shock resistance
- Some customers complained of slippery soles.
- Can be a bit hard around toes
5. ASICS Men’s Upcourt 3 Volleyball Shoes
- Removable sockliner
- Good for all indoor hard court sports
- Lightweight and flexible
- Made of breathable material
The Upcourt 3 Volleyball Shoes are high-performance shoes from the house of ASICS. Not just its perfect grip and lightweight but also the contemporary design makes it a hit amongst the volleyball players.
ASICS Men’s Upcourt 3 volleyball shoes enjoys good customer reviews for its EVA midsole and sockliner, must-have features for excellent rebound. Shoes come with non-marking soles making them a good fit for indoor games.
The shoes have been designed specifically for indoor hard courts such as squash, volleyball, badminton, racquetball, and so on.
Good grip, no marking sole, contemporary design, and EVA midsole are just a few features that make the Upcourt 2 volleyball shoes from ASICS consideration worthy.
Additionally, the shoe’s sockliner is removable, therefore working correctly for those who want to replace it with a medical orthotic.
- Contemporary design
- Comfortable and lightweight
- Good grip on the hardcourt
- Supports quick stance change
- No ankle support
- Bottom sole could be less grippy as per few feedbacks
4. Adidas Men’s Stabil X Shoe
- Abrasion-resistant TPU
- Rubber Sole
- Regular fit; Lace closure
- Rubber outsole
- Sling cage for midfoot stability
Shoes can handle the extreme pressure and shock due to their sole construction and material used. The rubber sole construction in the shoes gives it a stable platform. Further, the responsive boost midsole safeguards the player against any injuries due to fast movement and stance change.
TPU and abrasion resistance upper of the shoes protect against any abrasions and help keep the foot in place.
Adidas Men’s Stabil X is quite famous for its comfortable fit and bouncy boost cushioning technology among the players. Stability and good grip are another reason why players swear by these shoes on the hardcourt.
High on technology and yet no compromise on design are also Stabil X, a favorite for the buyers looking for performance and style.
To ensure breathability, the midsole is made of mesh, and the interior is lined with knit textiles. The combination of mesh and fabric regulates the temperature as well as the moisture inside the shoes. While playing, the player might not feel the feet burning as the passage of fresh air is guaranteed.
- Stability on the court
- Highly responsive boost midsole
- Good traction on the hard courts
- Available in multiple colors
- Weight issues
- Narrow for some customers
3. BRONAX Men’s High Energizing Cushioning Sneakers
- Synthetic Sole
- Built-in arch support
- Breathable mesh upper with synthetic reinforcements
- Full-length synthetic sole with holes for better cushioning.
These shoes from Bronax come with lace-up and slip-on styling making them a comfortable buy. The shoes’ sole is made of synthetic material, and the lightweight construction of the shoes makes it worth consideration.
Shoes are lightweight, with perfect grip and stability required for playing on hard and slippery courts. Moreover, the mesh upper combined with the rubber pods provides the perfect shape and stability and natural arch support.
- Lightweight and high performance
- Extraordinary cushioning for shock absorption
- Natural Arch Support
- Comfortable insoles
- Good grip
- Few feedbacks suggest Fit to be an issue.
- Not durable as per few reviews
2. ASICS Men’s Netburner Ballistic FF MT Volleyball Shoes
- GEL technology Cushioning system
- Ortoholite and removable sockliner
- FlyteFoam Midsole technology
- NC Rubber Outsole
- Synthetic and Mesh
This shoe is different from the entry-level Netburner Ballistic FF in the way that the collar of this shoe covers near the ankle. Letters MT stand for ‘mid-top,’ which defines the character of the collar of the shoe.
Other than that, Netburner ballistic comes with a Rubber outsole and Flytefoam midsole, which ensures better responsiveness.
The outer sole of the product is made of N.C. rubber, which guarantees a better grip and durability. Further, the usage of natural rubber in the sole also ensures more traction and is soft.
Coming to the midsole, made of FlyteFoam, which, according to ASICS, is designed to regain its original form after absorbing the shock quickly. The flyte foam also makes the shoes very lightweight compared to the other shoes in the same category.
The Upper of the shoes made of mesh, which ensures enough air passage in and out, thereby leaving the feet comfortable and dry.
- Comfortable when playing for long hours
- Ankle support is good.
- Lightweight and breathable
- Better Grip and stance support
- Some customers mentioned feeling a bit cramped.
- Shoelaces have been another issue
1. ASICS Men’s Gel-Rocket 9 Shoes
- Better structured support
- Rubber and gum rubber outsole
- Molded- EVA midsole
Gel-Rocket 9 is part of ASICS’s long-running ASICS Gel rocket line, making it a value for money. The company’s Gel rocket line has garnered much appreciation and popularity for its better tractions and shock absorption.
ASICS Gel-Rocket 9 is the ninth edition of this shoe line and is apt for other hard-court indoor games such as squash and badminton apart from volleyball.
Rubber sole and traditional lacing closure of the shoes make it an optimal fit and provide a better court grip. Further, as the name suggests, the shoes also have a rear and forefoot GEL cushioning system, which works as an excellent shock absorber.
Mesh lining makes the shoes breathable, more cushiony, and lightweight. Combined with structure overlays, the shoes guarantees more structured support and comfort.
- Trusstic system technology for reduced weight
- Foam padded collar and tongue
- Better cushioning and more structures
- GEL cushioning provides more shock support
- The broad design doesn’t fit the narrow fit
- Not excellent enough traction as per some feedbacks
What Points To Consider Before Buying The Volleyball Shoes For Men
- The Grip Of The Shoes: It does not matter what your position is on the court when selecting the right volleyball shoes. From a defensive blocker to the hard hitter, every player needs a good grip on the court, which can be slippery at times. Therefore, the foremost consideration while looking to buy new shoes should be the grip.
- Cushioning: Playing on the hardcourt could be severe and cause injuries to feet if the shoes lack protective cushioning. Therefore, the players should ensure that the shoes they are selecting for volleyball have proper protective cushioning. Cushioning is also essential to avoid excessive wear and tear in knees while playing. A hard landing can take a toll on your knees and, at times, result in permanent injuries. Having proper cushioning will take away that stress from the knees, thereby avoiding injuries.
- Stability: As we discussed before, volleyball is a fast-paced game that requires high agility on the court. However, sudden changes in the position and directions should not cause any injuries to the player. Keeping this in mind, go for the shoes that offer some lateral stability.
- Material: Yet another essential feature that a volleyball player, especially those in an attacking position, considers. The material of the shoes should be flexible, well-cushioned, but at the same time lightweight. You do not want to drag yourself to the ball on the court where every nanosecond matters. Other than features such as traction and agility enhancer, lightweight material is something that the players should keep in mind while buying perfect shoes.
- Difference Between Volleyball And Sports Shoes: What makes volleyball shoes different from basketball shoes is the weight and the soles. For instance, the sole of volleyball shoes for men is made of gum rubber, known for agility and quick cuts. Other sport shoes may or may not have a gum rubber sole, which would affect the volleyball court’s performance. While many players state that there is not much difference between sports shoes and volleyball shoes, the experts disagree.
Volleyball is a high energy hard court game that requires the player to be agile and injury-free. To ensure the best performance on the court, gears play a vital role. Shoes being one of the most critical gears during the sports that require strength and agility, special care should be taken while buying one.
We have tried to help you with your purchase decision through these thoroughly researched reviews of various volleyball shoes with this mindset.