Thermal underwear is one of the essential garments that people use to keep the body insulated during the winter season. Given its ability to provide ample thermal retention, it is one of the highly recommended base layers that can be worn with any type of clothing. With the right choice of this undergarment, you can indulge in a soothing, warm, and comfortable feeling even in the coldest breeze.
In this article, we are going to focus on thermal underwears specially designed for women. Although they may seem identical to one another, thermal underwears vary from one another in terms of insulation properties, comfort and fit, material, and maintenance. And as we sifted through more on the vast array of thermal underwears on the market, we’ve found the best picks and compiled them in this in-depth roundup of the Top 10 Best Thermal Underwear for Women in 2023 as well as the buying guide.
Top 10 Best Thermal Underwears for Women in 2023[amazon box=”B07KC6BXTZ,B07GDLVJNT,B013C9SK9I,B07FT3LRWK,B01NH04QJ4,B00G9AWMXI,B07JGCWKG5,B0115OBKW6,B016D3PMZA,B019X2NGF6″ ]
10. LALAVAVA Lusofie Thermal Underwear for Women
This thermal underwear from Lalavava gives off a soothing and warm feel from its cotton fabric. The combination of spandex and cotton makes it stretchable and hence, much easier to wear. The elastic waistband also lends a snug fit that prevents it from slipping down. Not to mention the light fleece lining that provides added warmth and comfort so you won’t have to worry about the cooler months every year.
As it embraces the skin comfortably, you can easily pair it up with layers of clothes or just wear it alone and sleep in it. This ultra-soft base layer is lightweight but the quality does not suffer. There are no holes and the seams are intricately woven that ensures good and long-lasting quality. Even those who have bought the item found it durable and still in good condition even after several washes.
9. Ultra Dry Women Thermal Underwear Set
Another base layer to consider is this soft and comfortable thermal underwear from Outland. With its lightweight, flexible, and comfort, it is one of the comfiest clothes to wear during the harsh temperatures in winter. It is a blend of soft polyester and spandex fabric that provides a flexible and four-way stretch without a constricting feel.
While it works its wonders to keep you warm, it wicks away the moisture so you won’t have that sticky feeling even when you’re wearing layers of clothes. The microfiber fleece inside ramps up the softness and warmth for a cozier feel. And as it is thin and lightweight, it also doesn’t look and feel bulky even when you have your ski boots on!
8. Liang Rou Women’s Crewneck Long Johns Ultra Thin Thermal Underwear Set
Liang Rou carries out the basics of a thermal underwear; it is ultra soft, lightweight, and thin. It is probably the ideal undergarment for people who prefer barely-there base layers without compromising the insulation properties. Although it isn’t actually designed for a sub-zero climate, it is a good light warm layer under your clothes. It uses a premium elastic knit fabric, modal rayon and spandex which enhances the underwear’s versatility.
It is ultra-soft, breathable, and comfortable enough to be worn with other layers of clothes. Whether you’re wearing pajamas, jackets, sweaters and any winter outfit, this thermal underwear blends in. it feels snug, not too tight and not too loose. It also has an elastic waistband that goes right above the naval so they won’t fall off while you’re moving around.
7. WuhouPro Women’s Ultra Soft Microfiber Fleece Thermal Underwear
If you’re taking the snowy trails for a winter adventure, layering a warm and comfy thermal underwear is a must and WuhouPro shares its great selection of thermal underwear. This one’s made of spandex and microfiber that is known for its comfort and insulation properties. These are long johns and can be worn with layers of clothes or alone if you want to spruce up your pajamas for a warmer feel!
Another impressive point is the stretchy feel that embraces your body with a snug fit but not too tight. The thin microfiber fleece might not seem enough to generate warmth but it actually works even when the temperature is freezing cold. You can use it underneath your coat, jackets, or any winter attire. In addition, this WuhouPro women’s thermal underwear selection is available in different pops of colors that you can match and wear according to your preferences.
6. FITEXTREME Womens MAXHEAT Compression Long Johns Thermal Underwear
FITEXTREME is a combination of two extremely durable fabrics: polyurethane and polyester. Not only do they provide a long-lasting quality, but they also guarantee superior comfort and insulation. Blended with polyurethane, it can resist water and retain excellent warmth at the same time. So, when you’re planning to head out for a ski trip or snowboarding, this thermal underwear will be a nice and warm base layer for your clothes.
Fitextreme also designed these thermal undies with a four-way stretch compression to provide a snug fit while allowing the user to move comfortably. As it is also tailored with a silky soft fleece lining, you can indulge in superior comfort and warmth during the coldest days.
5. uYes Women’s Thermal Underwear Set
uYes offers great quality thermal underwears at a fair price. It delivers soothing warmth but not overly hot even when you’re wearing it alone. The fabric blend of polyester and spandex plus the fleece lining also makes it much warmer and comfortable during the frigid temperatures. No wonder it’s one of the most purchased thermal underwears on the market.
Because they have this silky and smooth exterior, you can slip it in seamlessly in your jeans or other layers of clothing without that bulky feel. It feels light, soft, and warm that even when you’re just lounging around the house, the cozy feel does not go off.
4. Thermal Underwear for Women Long Johns Set Fleece Lined Ultra Soft
This thermal underwear from Nancyfit also uses a fabric blend of polyester and spandex for a stretchy and comfy feel. As one of the best-selling base layers, it offers a high-quality fabric with the normal thickness that ensures ample warmth during the coldest temperatures. They are also moisture-wicking and antimicrobial and hence, promote healthy and comfortable base layers.
If you’re looking for that extra warmth and comfort, the fleece lining does its job. The four-way stretch also provides a customized fit that embraces your body comfortably without the constricting feel. It lends a smooth, soft, and silky feel against the skin that can work even with tight-fitting clothes. As it isn’t as thin as the other undies here on our list, make sure you can accommodate an extra bulk in your clothes. Nonetheless, its exceptional warmth and comfort is all worth the extra bulk!
3. Rocky Womens Thermal Underwear Set
Unlike the thermal undies on our list, Rocky lends its soft and warm feel from its cotton and polyester fabric. These long johns are lightweight but the insulation properties do not suffer. With its light feel and thin fabric, it feels bare that you can slip it in smoothly underneath your clothes. Although lightweight and thin, it does not fall short in terms of warmth and comfort.
Another impressive feature is the snug fit. Many users rave about its great fit that doesn’t go too tight but loose enough for pajamas at night. They are true to size and available in different sizes so you can pick out which size fits perfectly. The availability of these undies in bright and beautiful colors also allows you to choose which color suits your palette!
2. Ekouaer Women’s Long Thermal Underwear Fleece Lined Winter Base Layering Set
It is breathable, soft, warm, and comfortable; it uses a premium quality long-staple cotton that does not easily wear out or fade over time. Apart from its durability, it also has the basic essentials of what a thermal underwear should be: comfortable and warm. When the harsh temperatures in winter hits, it can definitely battle the cold and provide a warm and cozy feel at any time of the day.
As it is also comprised of elastane fabric, it features elasticity that goes well with any body form. It feels snug and neither too tight nor too loose. It keeps you warm in winter while allowing you to move freely wherever you go or even when you engage in winter activities. The breathability is also an impressive mark as it ensures a soothing and fresh feeling while providing excellent thermal retention.
1. Women’s Ultra Soft Thermal Underwear Long Johns Set
As winter calls for an extra layer of clothes, Thermajane offers an exceptional comfort and warmth with this ultra-soft thermal underwear. It retains the optimum heat and also lends a soft and homey feel that your body can feel comfortable with. The combination of soft polyester and spandex delivers a comfortable and customized fit making it an ideal base layer for your winter outfit.
Whether you wear it around your home as pajamas or as a soft base layer, it has superb softness and insulation that you can luxuriate in. It also ramps up the flexibility with the 4-way stretch that does restrict your movement. However, the size seems larger than usual as what most users shared. Just make sure to check the size chart before making any purchase. Nevertheless, it is an excellent base layer that keeps you warm and very comfortable even in the coldest times!
How to Choose the Best Thermal Underwear for Women
- INSULATION & MATERIAL: If you’re gearing up for a ski or snowboarding trip or just want to revel in perfect warmth at home, one of the most important features you should thoroughly check is the insulation. But if you’re making your choices through online stores, it might be difficult to tell which has the excellent insulation and which does not. Having said that, the material is a fundamental factor that needs to be greatly considered. The popular materials used in manufacturing thermal underwears are fleece, wool, polyester blends, cotton, and microfiber blends. Fleece and polyester blends, however, can provide optimum warmth and comfort and the ideal choice of most users. They are good at wicking the moisture away, provide ample ventilation, and are lightweight. The insulation and overall quality, however, may still vary according to the brand or fabric blends.
- COMFORT & FIT: Thermal underwears are designed with a snug fit but without a constricting feel. As a base layer, they shouldn’t be too loose but rather embrace the skin lightly and comfortably. These underwears are tailored with elastic waistlines and sometimes, made from a fabric with a spandex blend to make sure they are stretchable and can be easily worn together with layers of clothes. And to fully benefit from the utmost comfort and snug fit, be careful in choosing the size.
- MAINTENANCE: While many users rave about the benefits of thermal underwears, some feel otherwise thus complain about their durability. Unless proper care is applied, damages are inevitable and keeping the quality of a thermal underwear in its good condition can be a struggle. Do know that every type of fabric has specific care and maintenance guidelines that should be closely followed to prevent pilling, tears, or any damages. Handwashing or using a washing machine at a gentle cycle and a mild detergent would be another effective way to retain the pristine quality of the fabric.
It is better not to skimp on thermal underwears when you’re looking for exceptional comfort and warmth during the freezing temperatures in winter. But as the options may be overwhelming, finding the best thermal underwear might seem quite difficult. That’s why it is imperative to consider the material, insulation, comfort, and fit when choosing such undergarment that will go well with your layers of clothes.
If you haven’t found the perfect thermal undies to wrap you up with warmth and comfort in winter, we’ve come up with a detailed guideline to help you out. The top picks for thermal underwears for women will also narrow down your options to the best ones you can find on the market.