Winters are just around the corner. We all feel a little chill in the air just now. The swaying breeze tickles our skin. We have changed our summer clothes and put on the warmer ones. The weather is beautiful as it is now. Portable space heaters are gaining popularity day by day as they are easy to move around, are available in different sizes, and most of them come with adjustable thermostats that allow us to set the heating temperature that we desire. They keep us warm and cozy during those chilly days, and some portable electric heaters work year-round as they are also fitted in with a cooling system for the summers.
The 10 Best Portable Space Heaters in 2023 That You Should Buy
Let’s move on and look at some of the factors that should be considered when going to purchase a portable heater.
No products found.
10. Homeleader Ceramic Portable Electric Space Heater for Home and Office
This portable heater is a “quick fix” for a cold winter night. The ceramic PTC heating plate starts to warm up the air in a few seconds. Also, this particular heater comes with a safety handle that allows you to easily pick up the heater and move it from one room to the other.
A tip-over safety feature is installed, hence, if tipped over or in the case of overheating, the heater will shut off automatically. You may switch the heater to your desired notch; high, low or only fan.
- Easy to lift and move around
- Safe use
- Choose from 3 thermostats
- It is not infra-red
- May take longer to heat large rooms
- Has a rough look
9. Portable Space Heater, DOUHE Electric COMPACT PERSONAL Heater
The SOUHE portable heater is manufactured using ABS material, which is fire and flame resistant. It comes with a convenient holding latch at the back that allows you to move around the heater.
Also, SOUHE has equipped this heater of theirs with a tip-over safety technology that turns the heater off automatically in case the heater falls over. As with many portable heaters, the SOUHE portable heater takes 2 seconds to heat up the air, and you can also switch to “SWIRL” mode to spread all over the room.
- Perfect for home and offices
- 2-year warranty
- Tip-over and overheating auto off
- Ceramic heating plates
- Only 2 modes; red (warm air) and blue (natural wind)
- Does not turn off after reaching the set temperature
8. OPOLAR Space Heater
Put it on your desk, besides your head, near your feet or anywhere else, this small yet efficient portable heater by OPOLAR works like a charm. With minimal noise, it warms the air around you. You may even adjust the thermostat according to your preference with its adjustable thermostat.
Also, your kids and pets will be safe as this heater shuts off automatically if overheated or tripped. Unlike some, this heater can rotate thus covering a wider angle.
- Ceramic heat plates
- Small and convenient size
- Easy to carry
- Cannot warm big rooms
- Rotation area is small
- Rugged finish
7. Dyson Hot + Cool Jet Focus AM09 Fan Heater
The Dyson silver and white heater have a unique design to it. This particular portable heater can be said to be a multitasker as it provides; jet focused powerful air flow, diffused airflow and wide projected airflow into the room.
Also, due to its efficiency, this particular heater was given the Quiet Make accreditation award. Other features of this heater include a sleep timer and oscillation control. Also, it does not have any fast spinning wheels but rather a remote to control it.
- Features a cooling option as well
- Beautiful design
- Remote control
- Quiet Make Award
- Safe use
- Automatic safety on/off
- Temperature set only between 39 – 99 degrees
- Maybe expensive for some
- Assembly will be required
6. Homegear 1500 SqFt Infrared Electric Portable Space Heater
This classy portable heater by Homegear is equipped with Mica and Quartz infra-red heating, hence, quickly heating medium and large rooms.
This particular portable heater is ETL certified and comes with a remote control for its operation. The minimum circuit requirement for this particular heater is a 13A circuit, but a 15A one is recommended.
- Can heat medium to large rooms
- Unique traditional heater design
- The casing is not hot too touch
- Replacement parts are not available with manufacturer
5. Mr. Heater F274830 MH18BRV Portable RV Propane Heater
This portable heater has stepped up the game one notch further. It features an oxygen depletion sensor design with an automatic shut off in case the heater trips over. Also, the heater connects to a cylinder to get a powerful source of energy.
The two regulators present on the heater also allow you to get rid of the cylinders and take your heat source through a single filter and hose. The heater also has a built-in fan that integrates the air and provides you an efficient warming experience.
- 3 mode setting
- Features 2 regulators
- Easy to use
- AC adapter not sold with the product
- Expensive purchase
- Somewhat on the heavier side
4. Lasko 5397 Ceramic Pedestal Heater
As with other portable heaters, this Lasko portable heater is equipped with ceramic plates that heat up quickly and start warming up the room. This portable heater is also ETL certified, hence, being a safe use. Moreover, you may choose from high, low, or fan mode settings according to your requirement. The Lasko heater does not have a loud noise but yet is still a powerful machine.
- Heats up quickly
- Simple yet elegant design
- Ceramic plating
- 3-year warranty
- Safe use
- Too small for some people
- Will not heat up medium to large rooms
- Only suitable to provide warmth to one individual
- Not suitable for humid areas
3. AmazonBasics 500-Watt Ceramic Small Space Personal Mini Heater
This hassle-free portable mini heater would add warmth to your cold winter nights. Set this heater to either high, low or fan only and set your desired room warmth temperature. Also, the ceramic plate fittings ensure that the heater warms up in seconds. Moreover, the oscillating feature further enhances heat distribution throughout the room. It also shuts off if overheated or tripped over.
- 1-year warranty
- Ceramic plating
- 3 modes to choose from
- Does not heat if the room is at a certain temperature
- Not suitable for humid areas
- Does not work in carpeted rooms
2. Lasko #100 MyHeat Personal Ceramic Heater
The Lasko portable heater is more for individuals who are wanting a heater but also want to save upon their electricity bills. This particular portable heater has a plastic finish and is designed to provide you with warmth but not to the entire room.
The casing on this particular heater is also cool to touch. Hence, you do not burn your fingers if you accidentally touch it. Lastly, the ceramic plates aid in almost immediate heating up of the heater.
- Casing stays cool
- Easy to carry
- Small and convenient size
- No rotator features
- No mode selection mentioned
- Not suitable to heat up rooms
1. Dr. Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater
This portable heater by Dr. Infra-red meets required safety standards as it has been certified by the Underwriters Labs in the States and Canada. You may either put the heater to auto, high or low mode. As “auto,” the economy will be turned on, and the switch will transition between on and off according to the temperature.
Also, this heater will help you keep moisture in the air and not dry your skin. It also uses infra-red technology to heat up the room quickly.
- PTC and Quartz operations
- Safe to use
- Quick and efficient heating
- 7-inch blower fan throws high power winds without noise
- The heater has to be turned on before the remote can be used
- Somewhat heavier than other heaters
Factors to consider when buying a Portable Heater – Buyer’s Guide
As mentioned prior, portable heaters are available in different sizes with varying characteristics. Some have more features while other heaters only provide us with the basic portable heater functions. Whichever type of portable heater we decide to choose.
Here is a list of factors that one should consider.
- Safety: This is the number one factor that should be considered when buying a portable heater. Households who have children or pets should take extra special note of this point. Pets while running around or children while playing may tip-over the portable heater. However, now, most of these portable heaters come with an auto off button that automatically turns of the heater if it falls over. Also, many of these heaters are equipped with a casing that does not get hot. Hence, you do not burn your fingers if you touch the casing accidentally.
- Type: Ensure that you know which type of portable heater you are purchasing. Nowadays, many of these portable heaters are coming with dual technology, such as, Mick and Quartz that enhance the heating experience. They warm up the air faster and are known to heat up large rooms as well.
- Certification: Most of the portable heaters being made are tested and certified for safe use, for example, ETL certification or a Quiet Mark acceleration award. This ensures that good quality material has gone into manufacturing and designing a specific portable heater, hence, also, complying with all safety regulations.
- Thermostat: Portable heaters usually come with adjustable thermostats that allow you to set the desired temperature of your choice. Generally, there are three modes, namely, high, low and fan. However, some heaters are only equipped with two modes. Whichever model you select and set your temperature at, some of these heaters go up till that set temperature and then stop until again they have to reach the desired But, then yet, some heaters do not have this feature, hence, if you can, purchase that portable heater that has this feature.
- Additions: If you are not looking for an economy, check out some of the portable heaters that we have listed down below. Some of these heaters come with advanced features, such as a sleep timer, remote control operation or a cooling option for the summer time. If you want to go a bit overboard, you may consider a portable heater that is giving any of these additional features.
- Compatibility: Before going to purchasing a portable heater, ensure that you have decided where you want to put that heater. The heater should sync in with your furniture and the room that it will be put in. Also, carefully measure the space where you want to put your portable heater so that you get the right size one.
- Cost: With many portable heaters being sold by many sellers, racky the market and find the one that best suits your needs at home and financially. Do not be in any hurry to buy the first one you see. There are various types of portable heaters available with different features, hence, go for the one that is best for you.
After a hectic day of working or studying, when we go home at night, most of us want to curl up in bed or on the couch to read a book or watch a good movie. While, some of us, just want to sleep. Whatever we do, there is one thing that we all have in common, and that is a comfortable and cozy position to fit ourselves in.
Portable heaters, especially in today’s times are a blessing. Now, not many people use the conventional heater. It is much easier to buy a portable heater according to your needs and the space that you have. We hope that this list of the best portable heaters of 2023 is of benefit to our readers and helps you in making a beneficial decision for yourself.