Medical shower chairs with arms and back are assistive bathing devices, which ensures a safe showering experience for the people who have difficulty standing in the bathroom. These chairs aim to help reduce the risk of falls and slips while bating. These chairs have stable rubberized feet, which protect them from slipping on slippery surfaces. Furthermore, they are lightweight for easy transportation from one room to another.
With so many shower chairs on the market, it can be difficult for you to choose the best product. To assist in selecting the best chair, we have reviewed and listed the top 10 best Medical shower chairs with arms and back in 2023. Let’s take a look at the best Medical shower.
List of the Best Medical Shower Chairs with Back and Arms
Last update on 2023-03-16 / Affiliate links / Prices / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
10. Platinum Health UltraCommode™ Foldable Commode/Shower Chair
This is a multipurpose medical chair with back and arm that can be used as a commode or shower chair. The Platinum Health shower is designed for fall-risk individuals or seniors who have problems standing while showering. It is made from heavy-duty anodized aluminum legs. This chair will not easily corrode or rust despite the wet shower condition.
On top of that, it features a padded back and armrest, ensuring excellent comfort for the patients. The seat features drainage holes, which allow the water to drain effectively while showering. This medical shower chair also has an adjustable height to suit different people heights. It also has a lightweight and portable design, which makes it easy to carry to any place.
- It is easy to assemble for everyone
- Made from sturdy and rust-resistant materials
- Easy to clean and water-resistant
- Has a slip-resistant and comfortable seat
- Requires assembly- But little
9. Vaunn Medical Tool-Free Assembly Spa Bathtub Shower Lift Chair
This medical Shower from Vaunn allows seniors or individuals with standing problems to shower safely without falling. It has a compact design making it suitable for a bathroom with limited space. The Vaunn shower chair is constructed from an anodized aluminum frame, which makes it both durable and rust-resistant.
It designed with a wide, cushioned polystyrene seat that offers excellent support. Additionally, the seat feature drainage hole which allows water to drain effectively, thus reducing the risk of falls and slips. It is also easy to set up, and anyone can assemble within minutes. It is portable and weighs only 8.5 lbs.
- It is simple to clean and maintain
- Corrosion-resistant and durable structure
- It is comfortable and safe to use
- Has a portable and lightweight design
- The chair is cold when you sit on
8. Health Line Shower Chair with Removable Back &Arms
If you want a high-quality shower seat but don’t want to spend much money on it, then you should consider the Health Line Shower Chair with Back &Arms. This medical shower chair is designed to provide a safe and relaxing shower to people with limited mobility or balance issues. It features an extra-wide seat and padded backrest for maximum comfort to the user.
Furthermore, this chair is constructed from sturdy, anodized aluminum frame that is very lightweight and yet sturdy. It has a maximum weight capacity of up to 300lbs. What’s more, each chair leg has a non-slip rubber tip for added security and safety. It won’t slide on smooth or wet surfaces. This chair is also FDA, CE approved, meaning that it is safe to use.
- It has an adjustable height
- Made of Environmental Friendly
- Comfortable back and armrest.
- Tool-free assembly- Takes less than 10-minutes
- Slip-resistant legs for added safety
- One-color option
7. NOVA Shower & Bath Chair with Back & Arms
The NOVA Shower Chair makes bathing very safe, convenient, and comfortable for seniors. This chair features padded arms that assist the user in getting on and off the seat. It also has a backrest that offers support while showering. Moreover, this seat has a sturdy construction, which makes it very stable and long-lasting. It has a maximum weight capacity of up to 300lbs, which is enough for most people.
Other than that, this chair features slip-resistant seat and legs, which assists people in taking a bath with worrying about falling or slipping. It is straightforward to assemble, and no tools are required. Also, you can adjust the height of this chair as per your needs.
- Comfortable and cushioned back and seat
- It requires less assembly
- Have stable and slip-resistant legs
- Lightweight design for easy portability
- Requires assembly but simple to do it
6. Moen DN7100 Shower Chair with Back and Arm Rests
Are you looking for an affordable medical shower chair that is comfortable, safe, and sturdy? Then, the Moen Shower Chair is a perfect choice for you. The chair frames are made from 6063 aluminum, which is rust-resistant, sturdy, and lightweight. It features a spacious polypropylene seat, which is curved for added comfort.
Another thing you’ll like about this chair is that it has an attractive design than most medical shower chairs. This chair is also has a unique anti-slip feature to prevent slippage on wet floors. Moreover, it is easy to assemble and comes with simple-to-follow instruction. It a weight capacity of 400lbs, making it the best shower chair for heavy people. Overall, this chair is safe, hygienic, comfortable, non-slip, and durable.
- Great as a dining chair
- Non-slip and stable legs
- Easy to get in and out of the chair
- Made from strong and durable materials
- None found
5. Medline Shower Chair Bath Seat with Padded Armrests and Back
Medline is an excellent medical shower chair that is budget-friendly and durable at the same time. This chair is perfect for people who require extra support while bathing. It features cushioned armrest and backrest, which provides the user with extra comfort and support when taking a shower.
Besides that, it features strong aluminum legs with non-slip rubber tips to ensure safety for all users. The seating area is made from a skin-friendly material and has drainage holes to prevent slipping. It has an adjustable height from 16 to 21-inches, making it perfect for both short and tall people. Lastly, this shower chair can support anyone from 200 to 350lbs.
- Offers good support and comfort
- Very strong and stable
- It is lightweight and portable
- Easy to clean and stain resistant
- limited weight capacity
4. Duro-Med Shower Chair with Arm and Back Rest
Duro-Med Shower is known for the best medical shower chairs for those who require some extra support when in the bathtub. As compared to other brands, this chair has the sturdiest construction. It is made from rust-free aluminum body frame, which makes it more durable than other medical shower chairs you can find around. This shower chair can support up to 350 pounds of weight.
Its legs have non-slip rubber tips that ensure that the chair doesn’t slip or move around when in the bathtub. Other than that, it has drain holes on the seating surface to protect against water buildup. This shower chair also has an adjustable height from 16 to 20 inches. It weighs only 13-pound so that it can be carried easily.
- Anti-corrosive body frame
- It has an adjustable height
- Slip-resistant feet for increased grip
- Easy to put together the parts
- Limited weight capacity
3. Medokare Shower Seat with Arms and back
The Medokare Shower Seat with Arms and back offer a safe and comfortable solution to any handicapped, elderly, or fall-risk individuals who have standing problems while taking a shower. This chair has been designed to be exceptionally strong and stable and can supports up to 280lbs. It is constructed from a rust-free aluminum frame that is very lightweight and yet strong.
In addition to that, it comes with large, angled legs with rubber tips, which make it stable and safe to use. This chair also has drainage holes that allow excess water to drain. If you are short or tall, this chair can be a good option for you because it has an adjustable height from 12.5 to 18.5-inches. It is also straightforward to assemble and comes with assembly instructions.
- Comfortable and safe to use
- Simple to assemble and no tools needed
- It is very lightweight and stable
- The seat and arms are padded
- Not suitable for kids
2. Platinum Health Shower Chair with Armrests and Back
Platinum Health is one of the top-rated and best-selling shower chairs on the market. This chair is constructed from a heavy-duty aluminum frame that will not corrode or rust. It is very stable and doesn’t wobble while bathing. It can support a maximum weight of up to 350 lbs.
The back, arms, and seat are padded for added comfort when seating for an extended time. Furthermore, this shower is simple to assemble, and it will take you less than 10-minutes to put it together. It is also lightweight for secure storage and carrying.
- Made from high-quality and lightweight materials
- Slip-resistant to prevent slipping
- It is fully padded for added comfort
- Comes at an affordable price
- No drainage holes on the seat
1. Dr. Maya Shower Chair with Back and Arms
On top of our list is the Dr. Maya Shower Chair with Back and Arms. The Dr. Maya Shower chair is made from an aluminum frame body that won’t corrode or rust. This chair can last for many years to come. Its feet are non-slip to prevent sliding on wet floors. The seat also has holes that allow excess water to drain.
Furthermore, it features a wide backrest and padded seat that offer additional comfort when taking a bath. This chair also has a compact design which makes it perfect narrow or small bathroom. It also has an adjustable height to accommodate a wide range of users. What’s more, it is lightweight and portable, making it perfect for people who travel. Lastly, this shower chair is easy to assemble and clean.
- Offers excellent support and comfort
- Slip-resistant for added safety
- Easy and fast assembly
- Textured and large seat
- None we could find
How to Choose Medical Shower Chairs -Buyer’s Guide
Below are the essential factors that you should consider before buying medical shower chairs. These factors include:
- Chair Quality: The first thing you should consider before purchasing a shower chair is its quality. You should make sure that the chair is constructed using high-quality materials. The materials used should be lightweight, sturdy, rust-resistant, and durable. Some of the best materials include aluminum and Polyurethane.
- Weight Capacity: The next thing you should check is the weight capacity of the chair. The best shower chair should be able to support your weight. Most shower chairs have a weight capacity of 300 pounds, but there other chairs that can support up to 450 pounds.
- Safety: You should make sure that the chair you choose is safe to use. The chair should be slip-resistant to prevent it from slipping when taking a bath. The chair legs should also be strong, not to break or bend.
- Assembly Process: All shower chairs require assembly. It is, therefore, important to check whether the chair is simple to assemble. The best chair should be easy to assemble and should come with assembly instructions.
We hope that with our reviews, you can know to be able to choose the best medical shower chair. These chairs are essential for people who have mobility issues. They are easy and safe to use. All the chairs that we have reviewed are durable, lightweight, stable, easy to assemble, and non-slip.