Today, most people gravitate towards electric guitars especially if they beginners. Without a doubt, there is a certain coolness to banging out electrical guitar power cords. Unlike other guitar types, electric guitars are easier to learn. Also, these guitars have a solid body construction, making them hold better than their hollow body counterparts. Unfortunately, an electric guitar without high-end amplifiers is pretty much a silent acoustic guitar. Ultimately, if you want to perfect your art, you need a good amp for your electric guitar.
Whether you want to jam out alone in your studio, play some chords at a party or karaoke with your friends, it is crucial to add an electric amplifier in the mix. The best electric guitar amplifiers offer a decent harmonic balance allowing you to show off your mad skills.
Just like selecting any music equipment, purchasing the best guitar amp is no easy feat. The amp you choose will literally enhance or destroy your music. So, if you are ready to take your music to the next level, you need to find an amp that manipulates your tunes into something cool.
In this guide, we have reviewed the top 10 best electric guitars that are hot right now. These picks stand out when it comes to clean channels, presets, and volume.
These are the Top 10 Best Electric Guitar Amplifiers
No products found.
10. Donner DGA-1 15W Guitar Amplifier
Just because the Donner Amplifier is compact doesn’t mean it doesn’t offer you with the power or volume you need. DGA-1 15W Amplifier is a perfect choice for an acoustic performer who requires ultra compact convenience at a moment’s notice. Interestingly, this amp will provide an impressive performance with a small body. Whether you plan a karaoke party at home, showcase your talent on the streets, or jam to your favorite tunes at home, this amp will not let you down.
Built with user convenience in mind, this unit comes with two channels; the mic and instrument. Both these channels have individual volume controls, allowing create a customized experience. Thanks to the intuitive and customizable design, this is a multiuse amplifier. You can use your acoustic guitar for stet performance, band performance, karaoke with friends as well as outdoor entertainment. This is not all; the amp is equipped with a special speaker and selectable gain control. It also comes with a sealed back design that provides a more substantial bass control.
- Lightweight design makes it easy to carry
- Compatible with electric guitar
- Natural compression and lovely harmonic balance
- Intuitive control system makes it easy to use
- Beginner amp
9. Fishman PRO-LBX-600 Loudbox Guitar Amp
Fishman brand has a firm lock on the acoustic amplification industry. Since its establishment, the brand continually comes out with great iteration on their Loudbox series. However, if you are looking for top-notch premium acoustic amplification, go with the Fishman Pro-LBX-600 amp. This model leverages the award-winning design while still packing more power. Different from its predecessor, this unit comes with enhanced features and portable design. It delivers clean dual-amplified acoustic power ensuring superior performance.
This amp also comes with 2 adaptable input channels that feature the legendary feedback-fighting and tone controls from Fishman. It also comes with a new double effects section that makes it an excellent choice for any serious musician. The amp pushes powerful bass and balanced tones to an eight-inch speaker and a soft dome tweeter. This offers you with plenty of sparkles and premium amplification. More so, each of the channels has a separate dedicated EQ and feedback controls. In addition, the unit also comes with distinct effects engine that adds a little vibrancy to your sound with reverb, delay, and chorus
- Come with onboard effects
- Hugely versatile
- Stunning clean and drive sounds
- A fully stocked feature set
- Higher price tag but worth every penny
8. NUX Mighty Lite BT Modeling Guitar Amp
NUX guitar amplifier proves that excellent performance can also come from compact units. Despite the compact design, this amp offers you a solid dose of warm tone at a surprisingly low price. This is an excellent gateway into the world of tube amps making it a perfect choice for practice, karaoke, as well as a home studio. Owing to its compact design, this unit also serves on the go musicians well. For enhanced performance, this unit features three channels. It also comes with an inbuilt digital reverb and delay.
More importantly, this amp offers both Bluetooth and an auxiliary line-in connection enabling you jam to your music. The inbuilt drums, as well as a metronome, will also improve your overall performance. While you might mistake the compact design for weakness, this amp offers good sounding and clean overdrive. Whether you are using a humbucker pickup or single coil guitar, you can dial up to create any music style. Besides, this unit also enhances your sound with digital effects and filters.
- Portable, Bluetooth Desktop Guitar Amplifier
- Comes with a Lite App for secure connectivity to your Smartphone
- Compact and lightweight design
- Easy to connect via Bluetooth or Aux-In jack
- Could do with side handles for easy portability
7. Vox AV15 15w Guitar Amplifier
Designed for individuals who would want to experiment with the two-channel tube amps. Vox is a favorite British brand that is renowned for making workhorse amps. With the AV15, you shouldn’t expect less. This is a compact 15W amp that lets you crank up small spaces. It comes equipped with simple controls making it an excellent choice for beginners and experts alike. Thanks to the innovative design, this unit will make an excellent addition to your home or studio.
The amp comes with a multi-circular analog pre-amp that offers a full complement of crunch, clean overdrive, and high gain tones. We also love the customizable tube that has an analog power section plus a sealed speaker enclosure for enhanced resonance. Similarly, this unit comes with by passable effects loops for musicians who love experimenting with various equipment. Regardless of your playing style, the AV 15 is sure to impress and inspire.
- Unique cabinet construction enhances tone & resonance
- Compact, lightweight, and stylish design
- Delivers impressive performance when considering its size and price
- Crafted from a reputable brand
- Doesn’t have Bluetooth connection
6. Donner Electric Classical Guitar Amplifier
Donner 10W classical guitar amp is nothing too fancy, as it doesn’t come with many bells and whistles. Therefore, you can really focus on your technique and tone. This makes it an excellent choice for beginner electric guitarist. They come with intuitive controls that provide explosive tones. Despite the simplistic design, this amp comes with both gain and volumes. It includes the bass, middle and treble controls allowing you to shape the lows and high frequencies.
We love the combo design that includes a powerful 6.5-inch speaker. You can connect your Smartphone or mp3 player into the auxiliary output and jam along with your favorite tunes. Another important feature worth mentioning is the closed back design. This offers a more massive bass response. Besides, the amp comes with a rubber pad that enhances its stability while the reinforced edges boost its durability.
- Very sleek minimalistic design
- Tight and precise controls
- Great presets and effects
- Affordable, making it an excellent choice for beginners
- 10 W amplifier, it might not be the loudest model out there
5. Ammoon Guitar Portable Electric Amplifier
Whether you are brainstorming with your band, warming up backstage for your gig or jamming around a campfire, the Ammoon amp is a super portable model that you can carry anywhere. This model comes with two dual power supply; the six AA batteries or 9V DC power. Don’t let anything come in your way whether you are outdoors or indoors. The amp is also equipped with an impressive dual speaker that delivers true tones and powerful sounds.
Most people often mistake this amp for weakness. Interestingly, people who have tried this amp are impressed totally. Besides being portable, this model features eighty drum rhythms to jam along. It also comes with four drive models including overdrive, metal, clean and distortion, offering a gain range for every musical style. Additionally, this unit comes with three effects that help you customize your guitar tunes.
- Provides true tones and powerful sounds
- Multi-effects and Easy to Use
- Features 80 different drum rhythms
- Perfect for guitar practice and street performance
- A few people wished the amp to be louder, but this may be too much to ask for a 5W amp
4. Orange Amps 1 Guitar Power Amplifier
Taking a step further from vacuum tube apps a solid state, the Orange Amps 1 amplifier comes in a hybrid setup. The unit comes with both tubes as well as digital circuitry. This amp offers a decent 20W of power. This makes it a powerful choice for an expert guitarist who performs more often. Thanks to the hybrid design, this unit also comes with cool features such as cab emulation. So, if you are thinking of taking your sound experimentation a notch higher, this unit suits your needs.
It is important to note that this unit is an amp head but not a combo. For this reason, you will need to find an appropriate cabinet to connect to the amp. Additionally, this unit comes with a simple shape, volume and gain controls. While they might seem too minimalistic, they are easier to use, keeping control at your fingertips. What’s more, most people appreciate the sturdy and durable design.
- Very tough and durable design
- Outstanding sound and massive tone
- Comes with an ergonomic carrying handle
- Simple controls allow for easy customization
- This is an amp head only so you need to find a cabinet to pair it
3. Line 6 Spider V 60 Wireless Amplifier
The Line 6 spider V 60 modeling amp provides the user with an impressive array of sounds and special effects. It comes with a superior speaker and tweeter setup allowing for a wide variety of use. Boasting of 60W of power, this amp is definitely going to impress. The system also comes with simple and straightforward controls to enable you to control both drive and volume efficiently.
It comes paired with an eight-inch speaker that delivers a tight response thanks to the sealed back design. To customize the settings you simply need to tweak the Gain, EQ, and effects. When it comes to FX this unit is actually impressive. It comes with chorus, tremolo, flange, tape, reverb, and sweep. As if this is not enough, the unit comes with more than a hundred carefully crafted presets.
- Full-range speakers sound great
- Comes with 128 crafted presets
- Tons of Amps and Effects Models
- Intuitive controls allow for quick and easy tone shaping
- A bit heavy but comes with a carrying handle
2. Yamaha THR5 Mini Acoustic Amplifier
Come to think of it, how many hours do you spend when tweaking and testing to find the perfect guitar sound? Well, this doesn’t have to be so with the THR5 amp. This amp is specially designed to work with silent and electric acoustic guitar. It utilizes advanced modeling technology for superior performance. By combining the dynamic mics, classic tube condensers, and studio-grade effects this guitar creates a record studio tone.
At a glance, this amp seems to have hectic controls. However, once you try it out, it is super easy to use. While it doesn’t produce the loudest sound, this portable amp is quite handy especially when it the outdoors. It is powered by eight AA batteries allowing you to use it wherever you are. More importantly, this unit uses patented virtual circuitry. This enables it delivers an authentic tube sound with realistic effects and hi-fi stereo playback.
- Portable, powered by AA batteries
- Boasts of virtual circuitry that delivers authentic sound
- Made from a reputable brand
- Weighs only 6.5 pounds
- Only works with electric acoustic guitars
1. Fender Champion 100 Guitar Amplifier
Fender champion 100 amp is a beautiful example of what tube amps can offer when coupled with digital signal processing. Different from the amps that suffer from sterile sound, champion 100 recreated the feel of tube amps. What is even more interesting is that it comes with dozens of customizable effects. This enables you to reach your preferred highs and lows whether you are playing jazz, pop as well as other music genres.
The amp pumps out an impressive 100W into specially designed speakers. This makes it an excellent choice for the guitarist looking to perform outdoors or in a club. Another cool feature is that you can dial in the cab and amp emulators to customize the sound effects. Besides, you can toggle between 100W of mean or clean from the two channels with a kick of a footswitch. Moreover, thanks to the Auxiliary input you can jam along with your favorite tracks by simply plugging your Smartphone.
- Incredibly powerful offers a 100W output
- Straightforward controls, cool effects
- Comes with an Auxiliary input and headphone output jack
- Compact, stylish and durable
- Higher price tag
Factors to consider when purchasing the best electric guitar amplifiers
When shopping for the best electric guitar amp, don’t take home the first you lay your eyes on. While it may look great, it may not offer the features you need.
- Solid-State, Tube or Digital: While beginners tend to think that tube technology offers the best performance, the digital amps, and solid-state amps stand out. The best thing about these models is that they provide excellent tone for lesser bucks. On the other hand, tube amps offer better customization.
- Size Matters: If you live in an apartment or need an amp for home recording, a 100W amp is an overkill. On the other hand, a 10W combo is inadequate if you plan live performance. If you play in a band, you will need an amp with at least 30W.
- The Sound of Power: There are three primary sources for distortion, the preamp, power amp, and speakers. While many people overlook the power amp distortion, it is one of the main contributors of low-end sound. Even at the highest volume, your amp should produce a lively and crisp sound.
- Head or Combo: Electric guitar amplifiers come in two designs, as a combo or head only. The main difference between the two is the composition. The combo usually combines the amplifier and the speaker. This is a one-piece amplifier that includes the speaker. The main advantage is that you don’t have to purchase a speaker separately. On the other hand, if you go for the head amp, you need to buy the speaker cabinet. In most cases, the head amplifiers are more powerful making them ideal for clubs and outdoor performances. Since they don’t have a speaker included, you can get bigger cabinets, for deep bass and loud sound.
If you are looking to perfect your guitar skills, pick any of the above-reviewed models. These amps will not only amplify your tunes but also enhance your skills. With these amps, you can practice, karaoke with friends, perform on the streets or take a gig in an upcoming party. So if you are looking to make your experience a notch higher, don’t hesitate to pick any of the reviewed amplifiers. Happy Jamming!