If you’re a person whose allergies are triggered by the change of seasons or just feels general discomfort when temperatures fall, cool mist humidifiers are definitely a must-have in your home. What more, this device is also effective in relieving dry skin and other respiratory issues.
Why You Should Buy A Cool Mist Humidifier
Owning a cool mist humidifier have a lot of health and general housekeeping benefits. With a humidifier, you can relieve the following conditions brought on by the lack of humidity in your home’s air:
- Dry and cracked lips
- Irritated throat or vocal chords
- Sinus congestion
- Dry skin
Around the house, it offers the following benefits:
- Reducing static electricity in the air
- Prevent furniture warping
- Avoid wall paint/wallpaper from cracking or peeling
But before you go out and buy yourself one, here are some guidelines you should keep in mind to get the best out of your money.
Cool Mist Humidifier Buying Guide
With the abundance of cool mist humidifier models available in the market today, it can be difficult to pick the one that would best fit your budget and your needs. To help you get it right the first time, consider these things first.
There are two types of cool mist humidifiers that you can find in the market.
- Ultrasonic humidifier: This type uses high-frequency sound vibrations in order to produce fine water mist which is then spread out in a room to bring back moisture in the air. Get this type if you want a quieter humidifier in your home. However, ultrasonic humidifier models don’t feature a filter. This saves on operation costs but also means that you’ll notice more grey dust in the room it’s being used.
- Evaporative humidifier: This is the more traditional humidifier among the two. It works in a similar way as the ultrasonic type but is generally believed to be a bit better in spreading humidity in a room. It requires the regular cleaning and replacing of filters so it can cost more to operate than the former typer.
Another thing you need to consider is the size of the room you’re planning to use your humidifier in. Here are some kinds of humidifiers with regards to their room size capacity.
- Portable/tabletop humidifiers: If you’re planning to use your humidifier in just your bedroom, this is the one to get. Retailing the cheapest, portable humidifiers are a great addition to any bedroom or small office space. However, they require to be refilled more constantly than larger humidifiers.
- Room humidifiers: These typically cover an area of around 650 to 1,200 square feet. Also called console models, these humidifiers create a lot of mist to humidify a large area or room.
- Whole house humidifiers: This type is designed to humidify entire homes which don’t have too many wall divisions. It can easily cover an area of around 1,700 to 2,700 square feet.
- Variable speeds: Having more than one speed to choose from will give you the option to reduce operation noise, have more control over humidity output and of course, limit power usage.
- Built-in humidistat or hygrometer: A humidistat is a useful feature to have because it measures the amount of moisture in a given space so that you have an idea of what your home’s humidity is. The hygrometer is a similar feature but the humidistat’s advantage is that it can automatically turn the humidifier on and off depending on its readings.
- Indicator lights: These serve as reminders whenever your humidifier’s water levels are running low. They also notify you when the filter needs to be cleaned or changed.
- Automatic shut off: To avoid accidents and to conserve energy, we recommend that you choose a humidifier which has an automatic shut off feature whenever water runs out.
- Air-cleaning pre-filter: People with allergies will benefit the most from this feature. This filter helps in cleaning the inbound air of impurities such as dust particles, mold, dander and pollen before being blown back out in the room.
- Demineralization cartridge: As its name implies, this cartridge is designed to remove minerals from the air in order to avoid the formation of white dust.
- Timer: Some humidifiers have a built-in timer which can be used to automatically turn your humidifier off when a certain humidity is reached in a room.
The 10 Best Cool Mist Humidifiers in 2023
Here are 10 of the best cool mist humidifiers you can buy right now. See which one has all the features you’re looking for and take your pick.
No products found.
To further help you make a decision, we’ve reviewed our pick of the top 10 best cool mist humidifiers in 2023 highlighting their most useful features
10. Vicks Filter-Free Ultrasonic Visible Cool Mist Humidifier
The Vicks Filter-free Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier is the perfect bedroom companion for people who suffer from nasal congestion due to allergies or the changing weather.
We particularly recommend this to parents with sickly children who are finding it hard to fall asleep because of breathing troubles due to colds. This ultrasonic cool mist humidifier is extra quiet too in order to ensure a good night’s sleep. Equipped with a 4.5-liter water tank, this device can humidify a medium sized room with ease for up to 30 hours of continuous use.
But what sets this humidifier apart from others is that it is fitted with a vapo pad slot where you can insert Vicks Dual Scent Pads for more effective nasal de-congestion.
9. Pure Enrichment MistAire Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
If you’re looking for a small but capable cool mist humidifier for a small room (a dorm room for example), the Pure Enrichment MistAire Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier is the one to choose. Although small, having only a 1.5-liter water tank, this humidifier has all the necessary features you may want in one.
The device can easily keep a small to medium humidified for 16 hours straight. What more, it can also double as a night light to keep your sleep time more relaxing. It’s also pretty quiet as it is of the ultrasonic variant. This cool air humidifier is safe to leave on overnight as it has an automatic shut off feature when the water has run out.
Lastly, this Pure Enrichment Mistaire humidifier is portable as it only weighs 1.75 pounds making it appropriate to bring along when traveling or moving rooms.
8. Anypro Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier Mist
The Anypro Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier is a great choice for people who are looking for a great humidifier to keep their home furniture in top shape.
This ultrasonic humidifier has a 3.5-liter water tank which is enough to last up to 36 hours of use at low settings. It’s the perfect size to keep a medium to the large sized room (like living rooms, master bedrooms, and dining rooms), humidified during winters.
It can help in preventing mold from growing in your house’s carpets and furniture by keeping the humidity in the air well-balanced to discourage the proliferance of fungi. For best results, we recommend that you only use distilled water in this Anypro humidifier. Another benefit that this cool mist humidifier has to offer is that it can help keep your house plants in good condition.
7. PureGuardian Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
If you’re looking for a tabletop humidifier to put in your baby’s nursery room, the PureGuardian Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier is worth a look.
It has an extra-quiet feature which ensures that your newborn baby’s sleep is uninterrupted throughout the night. Of course, it also keeps sleep quality high by preventing the discomfort of dry skin and dry nasal passages to bother your baby. It can also double as a night light to keep your baby’s room illuminated for your navigation. And of course, this cool mist humidifier won’t crowd your already packed bedside table as it is rather compact.
This PureGuardian humidifier comes with a half a gallon water tank and can run up to 30 hours. It’s also got all of the features to prevent it from overheating and malfunctions including light indicators to let you know when the water has run out.
6. MistAire XL Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
You can’t go wrong with the MistAire XL Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier. Get a good night’s rest without the discomfort of allergies and dry skin with this MistAire humidifier ’s dual nozzle options which allows you to control the direction the mist goes in your room. You can further customize its output with its variable mist control knob depending on your preferences.
You can also sleep without interruption as this humidifier comes with an automatic shut off option when the 6-liter tank runs out of the water and can run up to 24 hours.
We highly recommend this product for people who are looking for an all-around cool mist humidifier which they can use in multiple rooms.
5. Aennon Cool Mist Humidifier
Suffering from stress lately? Worries keeping you up at night? Get your much-deserved relaxation and sleep with the Aennon Cool Mist Humidifier.
The Aennon Cool Mist Humidifier is an extra quiet appliance that can keep your bedroom humidified for up to 20 hours as you sleep or relax. It also has seven colors of built-in LED light which can enhance the calming effect of the humidifier. It releases clean and fresh air which would not only aid in stress relief but also keep your skin moisturized.
You can also use it in other rooms of the house such as the living room or the dining room to get rid of mold and unwanted odors. Its other uses are as an air purifier, aroma diffuser, and nebulizer. People who have bought and used the product commented how it enhanced the atmosphere of their house during the cold and dry winter months.
4. PurSteam Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier – Superior Humidifying Unit
Making it to the top of our list is the PurSteam Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier. This is the perfect humidifier to get to your bedroom, office or living room as it can humidify any room medium to large room.
It’s got every feature you may want or need to be packed in a well-designed and functional product. This PurSteam cool mist humidifier can efficiently and quietly moisturize the air to help you breathe and sleep easy.
You can easily get up to 17 hours of continuous use out of it so you can keep it on all night as you sleep. It’s also equipped with an automatic shut off and light indicator to let you know when you need to refill the device with water.
3. Levoit Humidifiers, Warm and Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier
Got a bit more money to spend on a cool mist humidifier? Make the most out of it by investing in the Levoit Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier.
This humidifier from Levoit is a cut above the rest with its 6-liter water tank and up to 36 hours of operation time. It can easily increase a room’s humidity up to 25% in just the span of a few minutes.
It also comes with a touch control functions and a remote control for easy set up and adjustments. You can conveniently control your humidifier even when you’re far away from it making this Levoit product perfect for larger rooms in the house.
2. MistAire Silver Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
Allergies keeping you up at night? Solve the problem with the MistAire Silver Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier.
It’s the perfect bedside companion for people who suffer from the discomfort of allergies or dry skin as it effectively humidifies a room’s air with its 360-degree air mist nozzle. It has two operation options: low and high and can double as a night light as well. And since it’s an ultrasonic cool mist humidifier, it won’t disrupt your sleep time with loud operation sounds.
Turn in on and drift to sleep as it this humidifier can operate without interruption for up to 25 hours with its 1.5-liter water tank. It also has an automatic shut off feature so you don’t have to worry about it suddenly running out of water in the middle of the night.
1. Everlasting Comfort Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
The Everlasting Comfort Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier is one of the best ones you can find to solve your allergy problems. It’s specifically designed to reduce air-borne bacteria and viruses by also acting as a hypoallergenic, antibacterial vaporizer which keeps moisture in the room at above 43% humidity. It distributes cool mist effectively with its 360-degree nozzle.
Because of its large capacity, this humidifier is perfect for larger rooms in the house. It as a 6-liter water tank with enough water to run for up to 50 hours of continuous use. Everlasting indeed.
One other special feature that this Everlasting cool mist humidifier has is its essential oil tray which you can fill with your favorite oils to enhance sleep and relaxation.
Cool mist humidifiers offer a lot of benefits for users. By fighting dryness that cold weather brings, humidifiers can help in preventing allergies from surging and bloody noses due to dryness of nasal cavities. It can also help in keeping skin moisturized and lessening stress and anxiety because of its calming effect.
Although there a lot of cool mist humidifiers in the market, you can determine the best model for your needs by keeping some considerations in mind. If you want a quiet humidifier, ultrasonic ones are your choice. You should also consider the size of the room you’re planning to use it in first. Lastly, you may want to go after a humidifier with useful features such as auto shut offs, light indicators, timer functions, and variable speeds.
We hope this has been helpful in your search for the best cool mist humidifier that you can buy in 2023. Don’t forget to keep our tips and recommendations in mind when you go online shopping for one!